Friday, June 18, 2010

Renewal...

I've recently been purchasing more organic produce the more educated I assume I am becoming. And I think it is safe to say that, at least to my palate, there is definitely a taste discrepancy. Why are people eating regular?? There is no flavor!!! On the other side, I am having to buy less fresh produce. I'm still looking for that budgetary balance that feeds 5 people. I'll blog about it when I figure it out. Right now Hanna is chasing butterflies and Ollie won't unglue his face from his Nintendo ds. And I am seriously trying to motivate myself into working out.

It has been two days since I've blogged and judging by that you know that I've had some cooked gross food. Those happened to also be Oliver's days off. Hmmm connection? We had jajamen (chinese black bean noodle dish) last night and I literally suffered a food hangover this morning. I think I could have slept another 11 hours.

But I KNEW I had to get back on track so I peeled myself out of bed and made a huge green juice for Oliver and I. About a quart each. Then packed his lunch for work. Then filled up the gas tank. Then took him to work. Then took Jake and I to get a snack on the way to Shoreline to pick up the kids. Then dropped Jake off with his dad for the night. Then home. Cleaned house a bit. Played farmville (Facebook app) to de-stress for a few minutes. Made the kids and I lunch. Thinking I'm going to fire up the old cardio and a bit of yoga. Then play with the kids. Then figure out/make dinner. Then wait to pick up Oliver from work. Wow I got a little carried away there.


Mood: Tired, wanting
Skin: A few blemishes

FOOD:
Breakfast: Juice of organic kale, organic golden delicious apples, celery and organic romaine leaves

Snack: Salad at Marlene's market: Spinach, carrots, olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, about 2-3 pieces of their tofu (very very tiny), sprouts galore, and tahini dressing

Lunch: 1 organic avocado mushed up with Vegannaise (the grapeseed oil one SOOO GOOD), Kaia sprouted sunflower seeds Garlic flavor, some toasted nori flakes (not raw) and 1 kale leaf. And about 3 strips of organic tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment