Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Out of Order: Day 8

There was a break in my posting.. this is day 8 from my RawFu site, which is an awesome way to find support for this new lifestyle
Visit Raw Fu



I have to say this new way of eating ( or really old depending on how you look at it) has been eye opening and exhilarating. We've run into a small pickle as we're trying to feed a family of 5 and payday is days away but we're holding strong. The kids are only quasi raw as they are eating the last of the "cooked" food. I'm very inspired by the rawfoodfamily (http://www.therawfoodfamily.com/home.php) and would love for my 4 year old to reach this level but I also have to deal with other people!

My parents are HORRIBLE junk food addicts and my son's father just the other day was telling me 'don't brainwash my son into yelling at me for making macaroni and cheese". How can I not want to tell everyone. ''DON'T FEED MY SON CRAP!!!" I haven't felt this kind of well, passion for something in a while, that makes me want to just shout out to everyone that I know how to make them feel better.

I currently work as a mental health counselor in an inpatient psychiatric setting and I watch the slop they are forced to eat, then swallow it down with a pharmaceutical cocktail. It kinda makes me feel crazy. And just how do you try to explain to someone living on a very small stipend to go eat organic raw food, when what they really can afford, is a month's worth of top ramen.

That's it for now. I needed to rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment