Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 3, revlations and pitfalls...

So I was up til about 5am this morning, my brain couldn't turn off, the flu/bronchitis/whatever this is WAS RAGING! Body aches, trouble breathing, its all draining out of my nose.. eww sorry. I had an ongoing fever. I thought for sure I was going to get up and go to urgent care and miss another day of work. But I woke up at around 9am, clearer, chest hurting a little less and the sx are more of just a cold. My brain feels clearer and no sign of a fever!! By no means do I feel 100% but I feel a little different about it. Its kinda weird.

So for breakfast, Jakey and I made our breakfast smoothie- frozen banana chunks, frozen blackberries, chocolate almond milk, flax oil, spinach, celery and carrots. He LOVES it. I felt pretty recharged as I did wake up feeling ravenous. Then I had some aloe vera juice and some water.

Then we decided to venture out to Marlene's Market and Deli. As I'm driving down 38th St. More than ever, I was noticing all the fast food, just food food food.. and not good for you food. Some of the smells were evil, I will admit.

So we end up eating at the organic salad bar which was really awesome, I let Jake make his own choices for his salad. He did choose some chicken, hardboiled egg and cheese, but he did pick veggies too!!! So... I chose to have half a hardboiled egg thrown into my veggie hodgepodge and 1 small hunk of mozzarella cheese, you know the kind that comes in caprese salad. Weirdly enough I thought this would set me off craving all things cooked, but I took one bite of the hardboiled egg and it did nothing for me so I gave it to Jakey. I did eat the cheese, and the texture was good. I also got my first fresh juice. It was green power machine- broccoli, celery, ginger, and some other green stuff. Jakey even liked it. I wish Oliver had been there. It was like a plethora of goodies, that just really made me feel excited/razzed about our new lifestyle change.

I have to say, I really need to invest in some hardware equipment, I like the juices and some of the other goodies I've discovered. at ASTRONOMICAL PRICES!! Holy mackeral, I wanted to try cacao nibs, but I saw the beans and for 10 bucks a bag, I thought why not? I just had one. EWWWWWWWWWWWW! Bitter.

I still have two nori dehydrated rolls and 2 "cookies". But I'm not in a rush to try them.

To note Oliver's bloodsugar, pretty damn stable last night, then before bed he was below 150 so he took 5 units trying to figure out this wake up in the am with astronomical BS, but around 3 or 4ish, he crashed low. He ate some mango but this morning around 10am was 450. Pretty daunting but overall his daytime and evening is crazily much better.


As a final side note-----> Since the day before I started this (Sunday July 5) weight and today's, I am 3.5 lbs LIGHTER.

No comments:

Post a Comment