Friday, July 17, 2009

Day 11 Upset

So there is a rumor (ok strong rumor) that there may be laying off about to start at work. I can't even rant and rave about the horrible downsizes and cuts that are about to happen at work and the severe and HORRIBLE consequences it will have on our community and individuals.

Ok, I'm not gonna rant on that, BUT....... that leaves me anxious and worried about how to provide for my family.

All I could think about last night when I got home from work was, why am I trying to be healthy? I'm depressed now, I want a damn cheeseburger. I did not cave in, by the way.

So I've decided to be proactive, in case the worst happens and I did not purchase tickets to the Raw Foods Festival which actually brought tears to my eyes because I was so excited about it but I figure, I still have the internet and can continue to research to my little heart's content.

I'm really struggling to remain positive. I made an AWESOME breakfast smoothie: frozen banana, spinach, coconut milk, blueberries, aloe vera juice, flax oil and bee pollen. ( I know bee pollen is not vegan but I love the term I've seen individuals use "Beegan")

On top of that, Jakey's daddy had him last night and brought him home bright and early with a breakfast that consisted of a bag of caramel corn rice cakes and a package of Hubba Bubba gum.
So instead of freaking out, which I really felt like doing, I artfully took the bag away and exchanged it for a bowl of vanilla yogurt with the bonus of being able to chew a piece of gum if he ate it all and brushed his teeth.

Even as I type this, I have a few errands to run, exercise to get in, and new budgeting to consider but I can't help but feel crawling onto the couch to wallow in my own misery that I am creating. But no!!!! I shall be stronger than that.

I'm going to play wii fit with Jacob (2 birds with one stone, exercise and quality time with mommy) and then get my newly energized butt out to the bank and then back home for revised budgeting and then go to work.

Ok. This blogging thing is quite therapeutic. :)

I'm still raw and loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment