Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day 2- Attack of the Avocado Pit

Morning arrived, with a wheezy painful chest and off/on fever. I couldn't get into the doctor until Friday, so if I still have a fever tomorrow I will go to urgent care in the morning. Did some more research which feels AWESOME to read inspiring stories of others trials and tribulations and ultimate success.

I get up, earlier than usual might I add, pretty fatigued but not willing to let feeling sick interfere with this new lifestyle. Trying to take it easy, I made a breakfast smoothie that included frozen banana chunks, almond milk (ok don't think this is 100% raw, but I'm still learning how to make the raw version), frozen blackberries, spinach, a couple carrots, and some chopped celery. And WHOLY MOLY GUACAMOLY! It was good, satisfying and filling. Best of all, Jacob drank a good helping of it and felt full as well.

So while I lay on the couch, Jacob did his Yoga for kids video. I'm envious because I can't wait to get back into a normal work out routine. Oliver got up for lunch and admist controversy over blogging this (thank you baby for letting me note this), an angry avocado pit STRUCK!

Off to the ER. His right hand was punctured by the knife. Everything seems a-okay now. I also HAVE to note that during the dizzy spell of sitting at the ER, I saw approximately 20 fast food commercials. And only being on day 2 of raw food, everything looked DEAD and disgusting. AND I really started to feel disgust for the large corporations pumping and promoting this junk that our kids crave.

So let's move on to Oliver's bloodsugar. Yesterday was by and far the best stable day we had in a long time. We both feel good. Except this morning he woke up with BS 500 which we are assuming is because he needs a long acting for while he's sleeping but we did know this. An interesting product I've been researching is chia seeds. I will post more on that when we get it.

So I came home, had some raw cashews, an apple and the rest of this mornings breakfast smoothie. Jakey on the other hand is quasi raw. He had turkey breast with raw almonds for lunch and some apple and cashews.

Dinner will be leftover mushroom, avocado mixture Oliver made last night, with possibly a salad and mango for dessert.

Stay tuned for Day 3 and our thrilling adventures in Raw-Ville!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Rawville. I place which I will not be visiting any time soon, but I will look at the brochure. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank ya kindly. I am focused intently on converting someone else and this shall be YOU! :) Tee hee.

    ReplyDelete