Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 1 of a Raw Food Lifestyle

Despite the fact that I am currently battling the flu (courtesy of beautiful Hanna Monster), we had decided to start this today and today we have started it! I've really been enjoying the literature out there.. among them Alissa Cohen, Jinjee and Storm and their 4 raw vegan kids, and Angela Stokes.

It also feels very good, despite the fact I'm sure we will be moving into the detox phase. It just feels right, you know? I'm tired of trying "diets." I'm ready to make a change for my health and the health of my family.


Most notably, today Oliver's blood sugar has been the most stable and LOWER in a while! I really want to purchase a dehydrator because some of these recipes look absolutely yummy.

Today I've had blueberries for breakfast, raspberries, 2 apples, mushrooms with avocado slices, a banana, a tomato. For dinner Oliver whisked up, an avocado, uncooked tofu, lemon juice, garlic and spices and portabella mushrooms. So despite the fact, my chest feels heavy like bronchitis and I have an off/on fever resulting in me leaving work, I have still feel very optimistic about this.

Oh and I also had raw cashews which tasted very meaty and satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment