Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Roller Coaster Ride

While I'm a great huge tremendously BIG fan of them, I'm not quite sure I'm enjoying the ride of eating habits. My last post was ripe with hope and good work and then yesterday we had a spoil day. Ok so maybe the last 2 days....It is true, the more junk you eat, the more you crave it, but it sure does not make you feel good. I'm going to keep it more green today. The smoothie I had this morning was just water, oranges, frozen banana, and spinach. LOTS O' SPINACH! Already feeling great from it.

I heard on NPR this morning while driving back from taking Jakey to preschool, that a couple fast food chains in LA are now accepting EBT. Enough said right there. Disgusting.


TODAY'S YUMMINESS:

Breakfast: Smoothie- 1 frozen banana, 2 small oranges, lots and lots of spinach, water, flax oil

Snack: Lacinato kale, cucumber, celery, parsley, and green apple juice

Lunch: terrific spoil: I went to Marlene's market and deli and got a salad.. Assorted leafy greens, spinach, sprouts, tomatoes, bell peppers, edamame, olives, artichoke, beets, shredded carrots, corn, with tahini dressing (pretty sure not raw but too fab to pass up).

Snack: Mango that I nearly died over, it was so juicy. I wanted mooooorreeee.
Snack: leftover raw coconut icecream blended with frozen strawberries, coconut butter and almond milk for the BEST strawberry shake around

Dinner: (NOT RAW) roasted butternut squash with coconut butter (raw), evoo, and a pinch of cinammon

and lots and lots of water, with lemon juice cuz I love lemons.

THEN: After reviewing the budget and realize there are some major ickiness involved, I allowed myself to feel self pity and a moment of OMG we can't afford this because tomorrow we have to spend a very small amount to feed 5 of us for the next two weeks. Then catching negative vibes from Oliver fed fuel to the cooked fire.

Plus I was feeling cold all day, so I warmed up a bit of jasmine rice, evoo, and some fake meat.. (mostly veggie substance) and had about 5 little shortbread cookies that I had hidden a while back. LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment