Sunday, February 7, 2010

Continued honesty even when its embarrassing...

Yesterday had a fabulous start, we had 3 juices (kale, cucumber, celery, and carrot) and tons of water. Then there were issues with my grandma coming home from the hospital, just a big stressful time and we were out the door running around like busy bees (didnt take any food with us). Oliver's bloodsugar got low, I was on freak out mode, on top of trying to grocery shop for Gram and pick up her prescriptions, the kids were hungry. I suggested Odwalla super green juice (the best choice I could make considering where we were) but he poo-pooed the idea because of the price, also refused the idea of any other juice... picked up ice cream, then we bantered the idea of stopping for fast food.. Because I tell you by then I wanted a little comfort (really should be discomfort). We dropped the stuff with gram, I spent some time talking to her. I love the heck out of that woman and she's in pain and her eating habits are ATROCIOUS and she is on so many medications (like 25 at a time).

So considering we are on a very very strict budget... and by now we were wretchedly starving and Oliver was dealing with recovering from low blood sugar and the kids were "huuuuunnnnngggry" neither of us saw ourselves preparing something in the kitchen so we stopped at..... .Jack in the Box.. A truly horrid horrid HORRID choice but everyone was briefly happy as we consumed that greasy fried flesh and carbs. It was disgusting and I keep wondering how I can do this to my family AND myself.

Oliver woke up this morning with swollen glands and a nasty sore throat and I feel icky. I immediately jumped up, consumed some chia seeds and made us a very very spinach focused smoothie. We only have enough fresh veggies for 1 juice and wont have money for groceries until Wednesday, so I plan on eating whatever frozen veggies we have lightly steamed.

I keep waiting for the day when Im not sharing all the disasters we are having on our health food oddyssey.

No comments:

Post a Comment