Monday, February 22, 2010

Green thoughts..

Good morning to myself. The sunshine is a great healer and motivator. I keep playing games with myself and never quite sticking to what I want to accomplish in this raw food odyssey. I watched a very enlightening film the other day that has set me straight on the path to veganism like never before. I know raw entails veganism, (well at least it should!) So instead of beating myself up over eating something cooked, if I do (which I'm eating uber amounts of beans and cooked onions) it will be VEGAN. The awesome part about this is Oliver jumped on board really fast. So I'm aiming for all raw except one meal which right now I'm obsessed with this: Organic mixed beans with sauteed onions, chopped roma tomato and a couple handfuls of spinach warmed just a tad to make it mix in beautifully. I might add a dash of Braggs or a spoonful of tomato paste for extra flavor.

So I'm setting a goal as my 27th birthday is around the corner, I have less than a month to be fabulous (to myself lol). I want to lose 10lbs which I know is more than doable if I'm eating mostly raw. I'm currently 121 lbs. Eeek. My treat to myself will be to have my birthday meal at this Vegan restaurant in Seattle that also has a raw menu. This is a strong motivator as my parents have bred in me to love eating out. I associate it with good family times.

So I've accomplished one Jillian Michaels workout and for the time being I want to add a 2nd workout into my routine (yoga) sometime after dinner. So 2 workouts a day!!

MENU/SCHEDULE:

Breakfast: Half a grapefruit (was in a hurry to get kiddo to school)

Workout 30 mins. WOOT

Snack: Green smoothie basic: banana, few slices of frozen peach, flax oil and spinach

No comments:

Post a Comment