Friday, February 12, 2010

Few pounds lighter....

The last few days have gone by in a blur.. we've continued to fight against unhealthy tendencies and for the most part have prevailed!!!! We've shut down the urge to eat out. My appetite has shrunk but in a good way and I'm happy to say I am a few pounds lighter although I haven't weighed myself. Its just something I notice when I put on my clothes. And I've noticed that my attitude of wanting to hide inside and stay isolated from friends and family is starting to melt away. I've just felt inadequate with the whole money/no job situation. And my one downfall is embarrassment. I'm a sucker for it and have a hard time getting over it.

It could be the possibility of a good job that came up, albeit it would require major life changing decisions. It would require moving 4 hours away from my family. I don't want to get into the nitty gritty of that just yet. But perhaps that has peaked my self esteem, and I definitely attribute it to changes in our eating lifestyle.

I feel cleaner, lighter, more energetic, and prone to happier moods. We went shopping yesterday at Pal-Do world. Love it there. Got up this morning EXCITED to look at the array of fruits and veggies. There is something about a well displayed fruit bowl on my counter that makes me giddy.

And to top it off, the attitude that is being passed on to our kids. Last night I offered to make jake rice and beans for dinner and he said "naaa, I want a smoothie mom, Can I make my own?"
His included (of his own free will): Banana, orange juice, spinach, FLAX OIL, and frozen pineapple." He guzzled that down and had a happy look of satisfaction on his beautiful face. And now I understand Shazzie's concept of ecstatic beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment