Thursday, July 22, 2010

Blabbing...

Its been almost 2 weeks since my trip to Wenatchee and my spectacular burn that turned into my great looking tan.. and I'm peeling. Just thought I'd share that.

It has been been a not so fun 2 weeks as the nausea took over and Oliver got afflicted with a nasty tooth infection. The worse part of that is he doesn't have insurance yet. I hate watching him suffer but with antibiotics that we hoard from family (for this occassion), it generally takes him 3-4 days and then it goes down. Now I'm not a big antibiotic fan but they do have their place for sure.

As from my last post, I have strayed from the vegan path and with a little more forgiveness to myself and looking at the bigger picture it helped me get past the worst. And I feel better today and *fingers, toes, eyes crossed* I feel as if it really has passed and I'm starting to feel a little zippier. *zip zip*

Let me confess my dietary sins: I had:
-Nacho's at the mall with the kids (although I swear they gobbled it faster than I could manage to sneak my fingers in for a bite at the risk of losing my fingers). It was just beans, tortilla chips, melted cheddar cheese, tomatoes, guac, sc, and olives.

-A small cheese fries from Charley's subs. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this the best. Dipped in ketchup and honey mustard. Oliver sat there and watched me eat it. He has got the will of a saint now.

- A little popcorn and yes those damn sour candies while we treated ourselves at Inception. (FANTASTIC movie btw)

-And yesterday I was MUCHO hungry, I mean I felt ravenous. I made "chicken" patties (morningstar farms) and rice with tomato slices. Jake absolutely loved it. Now I do believe this type of fake meat is not healthy but I understand its importance in people transitioning to a meat free way of life.

What I've learned:
Meat absolutely holds no appeal, I guess I still struggle with other animal products. But I feel I have come over this hump.

We both felt very sluggish after eating that fake meat and it has def prompted me to have a high raw day today.

I may have forgotten the banana in this morning's smoothie but dang it is good. I finally got my package from Vitacost in the mail yesterday. (A kid's multivamin/mineral powder for their smoothies, Hemp protein powder, coconut oil, chia seeds, jojoba oil (for my stretch marks), vegan dha supplements, chlorella, raw cashews)

OHHHHHHHHHH.... and today is the first day I'm supposed to recieve my box of organic fruits and veggies from Terra Organics.

Ok I've blabbed enough this morning. Dang I feel good. I wish everyone felt this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment