Monday, January 24, 2011

Meyer Lemons

I love the smell of meyer lemons. They bring a smile to my face. I did a lot of raw/vegan blogs this morning to help inspire and motivate me. Oliver and I are talking about joining a gym as he feels its the only way for him to work out and I'm excited that it would be a healthy way to spend time together. Also to model to the kids, an alternative to sitting on our rumps and playing video games. Although I do enjoy those, I am quite the nerd.

I'm waiting on some paperwork on school loans and deferment so I can then apply for FAFSA and then apply to my MSW program. I know it has been a common theme the last two years as has been this raw/vegan health movement. But I feel strongly that both avenues are worth pursuing. And obtaining!!

Today's intake:

Breakfast

Banana
Green juice (Cucumber, kale, celery, apple, pear and meyer lemon)
Water
Supplements (Prenatal, iron, DHA and Vit D)

Lunch:

An avocado smooshed with garlic powder and a teeny bit of vegannaise, then mixed it into a huge bowl of sweet baby tender greens
Caraway orange
Kombucha tea

Snack
Leftover vegan mac and cheese (small portion left). Since it has been sitting in the fridge, I used about a tsp of vegannaise after warming to make it moister and creamier
A small bowl of plain kettle potato chips with melted daiya cheddar cheese (was really craving something comforting)

Dinner
Since my Snack was practically an early dinner, I opted for half a banana and a whole kiwi as I was making those as side dishes for jake's dinner (He had a tofurkey sandwich on Dave's killer bread, and spinach)

2 comments: